Archive for the “Free” Category
Get a report of what we’ve been up to all year and get some skin in the game at the annual voting and committee assignment meeting at 5 p.m. Nov. 3 at Boulders on Broadway. RSVP on our Facebook event here.
Since the TBAG board has seen a serious change of members, there has been a lot going on! Make the choice to lead or join one of our fine committees concentrating on a multitude of different areas.
While you’re at it, grab a snack and a beer on us, plus snag some sweet beer specials!
- Where: Boulders on Broadway
- When: Sunday, Nov. 3, 5 p.m.
- Why: Become a bike activist star and spokesman.
RSVP at https://www.facebook.com/events/570784782968777/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming
No Comments »
How do you prepare for the best bike event around? You prefunk all week! This year’s Tempe Tour de Fat (Oct. 5) is preceded by rides, beer and bikes galore!
Tour de Fat Week – an event every night!
Tue Oct 1 - Backyard Games and Clips of Faith Films Viewing – The Yard – 7pm-9pm: https://www.facebook.com/events/458811547550142/
Wed Oct 2 - New Belgium Tap Takeover – Boulders on Broadway – 6pm-9pm: https://www.facebook.com/events/505208392890083/
Thurs Oct 3 - Tempe – 80′s workout ride and bike giveaway – Meet 6:30 p.m. @ Tavern on Mill
Let’s get physical! This time around, strap on your spandex attire for the final warmup ride before Tempe Tour de Fat. Stretch out on your bike starting at 6:30 p.m. at the Tavern on Mill, then get some cardio at 7pm when you cruise to Gringo Star, Taste of Tops, and- for the final stretch- dig deeper to get to Casey Moore’s for the chance to win a 2013 New Belgium Cruiser!
RSVP here: https://www.facebook.com/events/213861452110223/
Fri Oct 4 - Handlebar Tempe – Meet the Carnies – 7pm-9pm: https://www.facebook.com/events/328475800632658/
TEMPE TOUR DE FAT! SAT OCT 5th – 11am-5pm
And the main event! Tempe Tour de Fat! RSVP here and invite all of your friends: https://www.facebook.com/events/170669189752637/ 100% of the proceeds from the Tempe Tour de Fat go to local bicycling non-profits like: Tempe Bicycle Action Group, Bike Saviours, and The Mountain Bike Association of Arizona (MBAA) But we can’t do it without our great volunteers. If you’d like to help this year, sign up here: http://www.biketempe.org/events/tour-de-fat/
1 Comment »
Science is all around you. There is geology underfoot, biology scratching at your door, energy and water being piped and transmitted right into your house. Join local experts on rambling bike rides around your city to investigate some the most interesting scientific field sites we can find. Every other Sunday, starting at 2 pm, we’ll head out into the wilderness (or the urban jungle) on a slow-paced, family-friendly ride. Meet at the Bike Cellar in the Tempe Transit Center light rail station, and expect to spend a few hours out and about.
The Fall schedule will be kept current on the TBAG calendar, and the line-up is:
October 20th: Geology
November 3: Herpetology
November 17: Energy
December 1: Water
December 15: Anthropology
No Comments »
Help promote your favorite bike event – the Tempe Tour de Fat – and you could win a bike!
Post flyers around your town (anywhere SouthWest USA!) and you can be in the running to win a free bike or shwag from New Belgium Brewing Company – the friendly beer folks who put on Tour de Fat festivals around the nation. All you need to do is sign up at streetshimon.com and stick posters on every (legal) surface in town!
How does it work?
1) Go to streetshimon.com .
2) Login using your Facebook account. Yes, go ahead and give it all the permissions.
3) You’ll need to fill in some information about yourself. Under Line 1 of your mailing address, put down your organization (ie: Ride for Reading).
4) Once all that’s in, You’ll see a list of Available Events. Scroll down to Tour De Fat and Join the Campaign for Tempe.
5) Now you’ll see a list of available actions on the left. These actions are those that are available in whatever distance range you signed up for.
6) Pick some online actions and do them.
7) If you would like promo, click the Request Promo on the right of your screen under “Enter a Bundle Code” and request your promo. Be sure your address is listed correctly, and StreetShimon will send you the posters, flyers, etc. for you to distribute. They’ll arrive in a few days.
8) Once you go out and promote — be sure to take photos of the posters up. When complete you need to close out your actions. Do this under the My Actions section, when you click on Complete this Action, you have to upload pictures proving that you did the postering and so we can send TdF a nice report with all the photos and locations the posters were distributed.
No Comments »
Grab your bike and your fishnets – Tour de Fat is coming to Tempe Oct. 5. But first – grab your friends and get ready to volunteer in the biggest bike event in town!
Volunteer to help us out in a couple ways:
1. Enjoy the Tour de Fat as it’s meant to be- with your friends! Volunteers can sign up as a group and work together during a specific shift. Whether you want to work with a specific group, during a specific time period, or in a particular position, be one of the first to register! Sign up to be the first to know when volunteer registration opens by going to http://www.biketempe.org/events/tour-de-fat or click here. Registration will begin soon.
As the lifeblood of this event, volunteers earn a free Tour de Fat t-shirt and two beer tokens.
2. Live or frequent anywhere in Arizona? Help us spread the word about the biggest party in town by volunteering to invite EVERYONE. Hand out flyers, put up posters and you could be in line for incentives and/or prizes through a system called StreetShimon. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested!
Background: The Tempe Tour de Fat is the biggest bike party in the southwest. 100% of the proceeds go to local non-profit groups: TBAG, Bike Saviours, and Mountain Bike Association of Arizona. This years party is on Saturday October 5th at Tempe Beach Park. We need your help to make this party another spread the bike love and help us raise more money for biking in the valley.
No Comments »
It may be hot – but it ain’t summer without the annual summer solstice ride!
SanTan Brewing Company has donated a bunch of their beer in cans for the ride! Thank you, SanTan!
We’re putting together a fun-filled cruise through Tempe, with stops to jump in all the fountains and water features we can find, not to mention a couple of pools, sprinklers and — oh, yes — another epic water-balloon fight toward the end. So mark your calendars and let us know if you can help!
Meet up at Tempe Beach Park 2 p.m. on June 29 on the corner of Rio Salado Parkway and Mill Avenue with your suit on and your waders in tow. Let’s show this town what summer’s all about.
Want a little sneak peek? Check out a photo album from last year’s ride.
-Props to Mohawk Photography
What: Summer Solstice Ride IV
When: Saturday June 29th 2pm
Where: Tempe Beach Park
No Comments »
Free drinks, free appetizers, live music - not to mention a bit of good will for your friends at Tempe Bicycle Action Group – what’s not to love?
Get your friends together for a mid-week bash Wednesday May 15 from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at the new patio bar, Tempe’s Front Porch, just outside of Monti’s La Casa Vieja on Rio Salado Parkway and Mill Avenue. For a donation at the door, you get two free drinks, free appetizers and some good karma. All donation proceeds will be given to TBAG!
While there come say hi to your favorite Tempe bike nonprofit – TBAGgers will be manning a table at the bar all night.
To get in you’ll need to RSVP in one of two ways:
For more information on Tempe’s Front Porch including location, hours and menus, visit www.tempesfrontporch.com on twitter @TempePorch or facebook.com/tempesfrontporch or call 480.967.7594.
No Comments »
Join us Saturday May 11 as we refine the art of making merry on our bicycles, winding through the streets of Tempe, spreading bicycle love. You don’t need special clothing or gear, it’s just you, a bicycle, a blanket and a radio.
Your blanket doubles as a cape on the ride and a seat at the movies, after we meander our way to Spokes on Southern, where we can get grub at the pub and catch a film shown by one of our newest collaborators, Cycle-In Cinema.
Meet at 7:30 p.m. May 11 in Tempe Beach Park (the northwest corner of Rio Salado Parkway and Mill Avenue) and we’ll be on our merry way!
A night on your bike with friends: Priceless
RSVP at the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/events/159369884232081/
No Comments »
Tempe is giving you another chance to tell them you want to keep seeing bikes on the streets.
Grab your friends and head to the Tempe General Plan Citizen’s Workshop Wednesday April 24 from 6-7 p.m. at the Tempe Library on Southern and Rural.
This working group needs community input – so be sure to drop by and tell them that the city of Tempe needs to continue funding bike infrastructure to support you, me and all the other two-wheeled gearheads out there!
Love bikes and want to join, but not sure what to talk about? Here are some starting points:
- Complete Tempe’s streets
- Expanding the bike network – both dedicated lanes and bike-friendly streets
- Create more bike boulevard systems
Join in and let your friends know you’re going to be there at the TBAG Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/570553759643281/#
No Comments »
What better time to grab some handlebars and get a stiff seat beneath your butt? Before it gets into triple digits, get on your bike(s) and get out there! This month, local transit provider Valley Metro is making it easy to get close and friendly with the local bike community by hosting a bike month campaign.
For event and campaign details, visit valleymetro.com
and navigate to the April Bike Month page, or click here
Here’s a quick rundown:
- Sunday April 14 – Bike to the Ballpark - Join Mayor Greg Stanton, Valley Metro, and the Arizona Diamondbacks for a free 3.5 mile escorted bike ride, and a D-Backs game that supports Valley Metro’s bike programs.
- Wednesday April 17 – Bike to work and School Day - Look for commuter and school rides in your local area. Events will take place Valley-wide. Click here for a list of Bike to Work & School Day rides. Click here for a list of Bike to Work & School Day deals.
You can also win prizes for doing something you already love; biking!
Ride your bike for work or play or attend a biking event during Valley Bike Month and win great prizes, including a bike from LaDep Custom Cruisers!
No Comments »