Let your opinions shape your community for years to come – voice your opinions in the City of Tempe Transportation Master Plan. This is an opportunity for cyclists of Tempe to tell the city what we need by way of bicycle friendly infrastructure.
This survey will be used for the Tempe Transportation Master Plan for the next 10 years. The city is asking for specific street names where residents would like to have bike lanes, protected bike lanes, bike boulevards and paths. They are also asking for lists of gaps in the current bike system. You have until June 15 to let your voice be heard!
There are also public meetings on May 29th and 31st, please attend and give your feedback: http://www.tempe.gov/city-hall/public-works/transportation/transportation-master-plan-
Need some inspiration? TBAG has been advocating for the following changes in the Tempe bike system:
- A north-south bike route along the railroad tracks east of McClintock.
- Bike lanes on McClintock
- Bike lanes on Southern
- Bike lanes on Broadway
- Bike boulevards on the major bike routes such as College, Hardy, and Alameda
- A bike path along the railroad tracks from Tempe Town Lake to Kiwanis Park
- A bridge over the 1-10 at Alameda
- A bridge over the 101 at Alameda