Tempe Bicycle Action Group is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization working to make bicycling a prominent, safe and convenient form of transportation and recreation in Tempe, Arizona and surrounding areas through education, grassroots events, and civic participation.
GOALS & OBJECTIVES:
- Collaborate with the City of Tempe and neighboring communities to enable bicycling as a prominent, safe and convenient form of everyday transportation and recreation.
- Cooperate with other bicycle and alternative transportation entities.
- Provide an online knowledge base for regional cycling information such as, commuting routes, group ride opportunities, bicycling events, cycling organizations, etc.
- Represent the interests of cyclists in local, regional and state government
- Organize and promote grassroots cycling events.
- Partner with local employers to develop policies and infrastructure to encourage their workforce to bicycle commute.
- Promote the bicycle as a a tool for creating a sustainable community
TBAG aims to coordinate Tempe area cyclists to speak with a unified voice on bicycle related issues. We work closely with the City of Tempe to provide feedback on bicycle infrastructure, transportation planning activities, and to lobby City Council and the Mayor on issues of importance to cyclists.
PROJECTS & EVENTS:
Some of the events and programs we do include:
– Free bicycle valet for events in Tempe and surrounding areas
– Bike rack installations at local businesses
– Recognition and promotion of bicycle friendly businesses
– Promote and celebrate Tempe Bike Month and Bike To Work Day
– Organize and lead social bike rides
– A bike lights and other essential cycling accessories (e.g. locks) program to encourage bicycling for transportation.
– Training courses on bicycle safety and commuting