Tempe Bike Count 2013
On March 26th-28th 2013, Tempe Bicycle Action Group (TBAG) will conduct the third annual Tempe Bike Count. TBAG wants to track the number of cyclists on roads and pathways in Tempe, and track year to year growth in cycling for transportation.
Goals for the bike count:
- Document the number of people currently cycling and monitor how the number changes over time
- Publish a report of findings from the bike count
- Use the information to help prioritize infrastructure improvements and traffic safety
- Share bike count data with the public, other organizations, governmental groups, and individuals
Thanks for taking the time to fill out this volunteer sign up form. It helps us organize this bike count. Thanks for making cycling better in Tempe!
See Intersection Assignments here
Email bike count questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Drop form at Boulders on Broadway (Broadway and Roosevelt) at the hostess stand.
The count will take place over three days. Each volunteer will count during commuting hours, one morning (7:00am to 9:00am) or one afternoon (4:00pm to 6:00pm). For any specific location, the morning and evening counts do not have to be on the same day, so the morning count can be done on Tuesday by one volunteer and the afternoon count on Thursday by another volunteer.
- Tuesday, March 26th
- Wednesday, March 27th
- Thursday, March 28th
Volunteers are asked to attend one of the training meetings at the Tempe Transit Center 200 E. Fifth Street (near Forest and College avenues near the light rail station) in the Cassano Room on the second floor.
- Wednesday, March 20th 6:30pm
- Saturday, March 23rd 6:30pm
Contact Scott Walters at email@example.com with questions.
Thanks again for volunteering for Bike Count!