Tempe Bike Count
Thank you so much for helping us with the 5th annual Tempe Bike Count! You make this event the success that it is.
Sign up full? Add your name to the back-up counters list here. We will contact you if we have a shift become available
Goals for the bike count:
- Document the number of people currently cycling and monitor how the number changes over time
- Publish a report of findings from the bike count
- Use the information to help prioritize infrastructure improvements and traffic safety
- Share bike count data with the public, other organizations, governmental groups, and individuals
When: The count will take place over three days. Each volunteer will count during commuting hours, one morning (7:00am to 9:00am) or one afternoon (4:00pm to 6:00pm). For any specific location, the morning and evening counts do not have to be on the same day, so the morning count can be done on Tuesday by one volunteer and the afternoon count on Thursday by another volunteer.
- Tuesday, March 24th
- Wednesday, March 25th
- Thursday, March 26h
Training: Volunteers are asked to attend one of the training meetings at the Don Cassano room at the Tempe Transportation Center (200 East 5th Street, Tempe, AZ 85281). We’ll be upstairs. Pizza will be provided (Spinelli’s). Please indicate which date you plan to attend.
- Thursday, March 19th 6:00pm
- Saturday, March 21st 10:30am
Where: Approximately 60 strategic intersections across Tempe.
Sponsors: Thanks again for all of the support
- Spinelli’s Pizza and Bar
- Boulders on Broadway
- Float Balloon Tours
- Bike Cellar at the Tempe Transit Center
Contact email@example.com with questions.